Re: upgrading CVS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:41:05 +0200

Good question. I do not know exactly on which version the modio branch
is currently based (I think it is 2.3.STABLE1), and there is no straight
path to follow yet. You will have to make a manual update to get things
initialized.

Assuming modio is based on 2.3.STABLE1:

1. Get the latest squid-DEVEL sources and commit them to the devel
branch.

2. Go to your working directory, and run

   cvsmergeinit devel
   cvs update -js2_3_s1 -jdevel 2>&1 | tee update.log

3. Clean up your working tree by resolving all the conflicts which arise
from the update (see update.log, probably quite a lot)

4. cvs commit

Once this is done, running "cvsmerge squid" is sufficient when the squid
branch gets updated, and most times there will be only minor conflicts
if any.

/Henrik