Re: Deferred reads

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:13:07 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Since this is part of the commloops development, I'm going to
> start removing these and replacing them with suitable interfaces.
> Can anyone think of a reason to keep deferred reads?

Not if you have properly sheduled read/writes like we have discussed
before a couple of times (See for example
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/199911/0049.html).

Well, perhaps delay pools requires deferred reads? Not sure how they
actually operate.. Anyway, delay pools only gains space once per second
so it is a good candidate for event driven actions..

/Henrik