Re: Deferred reads

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 18:49:39 +0800

On Wed, May 31, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Since this is part of the commloops development, I'm going to
> > start removing these and replacing them with suitable interfaces.
> > Can anyone think of a reason to keep deferred reads?
>
> Not if you have properly sheduled read/writes like we have discussed
> before a couple of times (See for example
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/199911/0049.html).
>
> Well, perhaps delay pools requires deferred reads? Not sure how they
> actually operate.. Anyway, delay pools only gains space once per second
> so it is a good candidate for event driven actions..

Ok. I'll talk to Luyer about the delay pools code. (Luyer? :-) ..
The first thing ripped is httpAcceptDefer(). The patch for this is
at http://www.creative.net.au/squid/patches/ . I'll continue testing
it this afternoon and see if I can trigger the disable/enable event.

Comments are welcome. :)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and