Re: Squid NTLM work

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 21:34:08 +0200

Thanks for the patch. Committed to the CVS sources. If you create
yourself a SourceForge account then I suppose you can be given write
access directly.

I for sure does not mind questions about the Squid code. Feel free to
ask anything you like.

Returning 401 sounds like an error. It must return 407 when running as a
proxy. 401 is only for web servers.

What triggers the NTLM authentication in the web browser is a 407 reply
having a "Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM" header when talking to a proxy, or a
401 reply and a "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM" header when talking to a origin
server.

Hmm.. are you sure it is the proxy who returns the 401 reply? What does
the full headers of the reply look like?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker