Re: FW: Squid NTLM work

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 14:25:54 +0200

Tony Gale wrote:

> 2. Whats the code path for the header triggering the NTLM auth code?
> (Do both of the above headers trigger it - it's not working for me
> ATM).

Hmm.. I might have misunderstood your question here.

The code part which triggers the NTLM auth code is

1. clientAccessCheck is called, and calls the acl functions for
validating http_access.
2. If the request is denied by a proxy_auth ACL, then
clientAccessCheckDone detects this and sets the appropriate HTTP status
code for the access denied reply.
3. The error page code then triggers on the HTTP status, and finally
ends up in authenticateFixErrorHeader() who adds the appropriate HTTP
header.

The header(s) added bu authenticateFixErrorHeader() differs slightly
depending on how far the NTLM authentication has got.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker