Re: ideas

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:56:52 +0800

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Connection 'sharing' ? DO you mean server to multiple client connections
> > simultaneously?
>
> Actually both that and persistent server connections. Each connection
> manager should be self contained I think.
>
> Well, if you make a threaded approach on an OS supporting full SMP
> threading for both CPU and networking and not only userspace threading
> within a single schedulable process then things might be done
> differently of course by introducing some kind of shared "persistent
> connection manager".

Ok. Your definition of a 'connection manager' is a combination of my
'clients/servlets'. My connection manager is simply the 'let' whch
clientlets are initially connected to, and handles passing off
requests to the right servlets. The exact mechanism of this is yet to be
decided, however.

Once this is sorted out, the next step will be deciding the format of the
request_t, clientlet_t and servlet_t types.

I'll gladly take diffs to the paper, since I have it here in CVS.

Thanks,

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			Build a man a fire, and he's warm for the
<adrian@creative.net.au>	rest of the evening. Set a man on fire and