Re: Can't figure the SSL patch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 04:57:16 +0200

Wari Wahab wrote:

> You see, it works when I symlink the /usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl
> to /usr/local/include/openssl .. The ssl-squid doesn't want to honor the
> openssl if you happen to install in on another place.. Most installations
> are in /usr/local anyways..

But the sources never refer to /usr/include/openssl unless told to, and
it is not via the default include path /usr/include ...

> Like I said, if you look it up in /usr/local/include or /usr/include, you
> will find it as all the headers are defined as openssl/whatever.h,

Then you haven't specified the correct --with-ssl-include option. It
only looks there if nothing else is specified.

> what I mean is for my case, there is no -I/usr/local/squid/ssl/include
> in all of the makefiles, therefore there is something wrong with
> that..

The openssl includes are refered to by absolute path, not a -I<dir>
option. There is an odd hack in src/ssl_support.h...

> I did all sorts of --with-ssl-includes to point to
> /usr/local/squid/ssl/include and
> /usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl but it wasn't reflected at all.. and
> yes, the '..includes in' is missing..

Then you did something wrong with the option. Most likely a spelling
error. Note: It is spelled without an trailing s.

What is SSLINCDIR defined to in include/autoconf.h (probably blank, from
not being correctly specified)

> Minor problem though.. The problem is still there right? The only way to
> get a clean make out of it is to use the --with-auth-modules=NCSA, or dump
> that in the makefile in the auth_modules dir...

Nope, the problem is supposed to be fixed quite some time ago. the ssl
branch however lagged behind a bit, but has been updated to match the
current release.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker