Re: Can't figure the SSL patch

From: Wari Wahab <wari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:35:22 +0800

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 04:57:16AM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > You see, it works when I symlink the
> > /usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl to /usr/local/include/openssl ..
> > The ssl-squid doesn't want to honor the openssl if you happen to
> > install in on another place.. Most installations are in /usr/local
> > anyways..
> But the sources never refer to /usr/include/openssl unless told to, and
> it is not via the default include path /usr/include ...

Yes, sources never refer to it that way, but in all the openssl headers
specify something like #include "openssl/includefile.h" therefore if
openssl headers resides in /usr/local/include/openssl, doing the above
include will find it's way in /usr/local/include..

> > I did all sorts of --with-ssl-includes to point to
> > /usr/local/squid/ssl/include and /usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl
> > but it wasn't reflected at all.. and yes, the '..includes in' is
> > missing..
> Then you did something wrong with the option. Most likely a spelling
> error. Note: It is spelled without an trailing s.
> What is SSLINCDIR defined to in include/autoconf.h (probably blank, from
> not being correctly specified)

;) "I did all sorts of --with-ssl-includes" was ment to be plural ;) If
you misspelled anything, the ./configure would stop at an unknown options
right? Sorry. FYI, it did find the correct
/usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h and then craps on the rests as
one of the lines point to "#include <openssl/safestack.h>" and if you look
at all the #include in the openssl directory, every one maps to
<openssl/whatever.h> file..

I'm not a C programmer so I don't really know what's going on.. Anyways, I
got it to compile and it works, very happy with that.. I just need to work
on the wierd installation that I have...

Thanks for such a great software.

--
Regards: Wari Wahab
Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.