Re: Can't figure the SSL patch

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:15:04 +0200

Wari Wahab wrote:

> Yes, sources never refer to it that way, but in all the openssl headers
> specify something like #include "openssl/includefile.h" therefore if
> openssl headers resides in /usr/local/include/openssl, doing the above
> include will find it's way in /usr/local/include..

Ok. Forgot about that one..

> ;) "I did all sorts of --with-ssl-includes" was ment to be plural ;) If
> you misspelled anything, the ./configure would stop at an unknown options
> right?

Nope. configure silently ignores any options it does not recognise. This
is the documented behaviour.

> Sorry. FYI, it did find the correct
> /usr/local/squid/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h and then craps on the rests as
> one of the lines point to "#include <openssl/safestack.h>" and if you look
> at all the #include in the openssl directory, every one maps to
> <openssl/whatever.h> file..

Ok. I think I now fully understand the problem, and why it works fine
here. I will try to clean it up shortly. Never liked the way it found
those include files in the first place.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker