merging rsync and HTTP

From: Martin Pool <mbp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:32:46 +1000

I'm working on a project called rproxy, which applies the rsync
algorithm to HTTP. This lets a web cache transfer just a delta
between old and new instances of a resource, without requiring any
changes to the client or server. I'll omit the whole description
here, but refer you to the web page:

  http://linuxcare.com.au/rproxy/

The rproxy code is working quite well as a standalone proxy, and I'm
planning to try to merge it into Squid in the next few months. I'm
writing to ask firstly if I might join the -dev list, and secondly
whether you have any comments on the site or whitepaper.

Regards,

--
Martin Pool                        http://linuxcare.com.au/rproxy/
rproxy accelerates HTTP by dynamic caching and differential update