Re: 2.3STABLE - stability issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:16:45 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> I know there is a config option to define where to place swap.state
> and one could place it on another disk, but this isn't really a solution,
> as totally unrelated disk can also get full. Besides this state file
> really belongs to cache_dir.

Who said that it needs to be a totaly unrelated disk?

For each cache drive, make two partitions. One for swap.state, one for
the cache. Dimension swap.state to be large enought to fit a couple of
times the number of objects estimated in your cache + a couple of days
of traffic.

swap.state is quite critical.

Another option is to change Squid to not use a disk for swapouts if ther
isn't enought free space.

/Henrik