[chrdiehl@studcs.uni-sb.de: [Fwd: ezmlm response]]

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:06:59 +0800

Please CC christian here .. :)

----- Forwarded message from Christian Diehl <chrdiehl@studcs.uni-sb.de> -----

Hello!

We are 3 students from germany! We want to improve Squid by adding a
Prefetching Cache. (Most big files like Audio and video!). We develop a
statistic, which store the probabilistic of the links. Now, we have a
(or two or three ... :-) ) very big problem(s).

First we search the point in Squid Sourcecode, the client sends his Url
but without success. We always get all suburls like .gif ..... But we
need the url which the user typed in his browser.

Futhermore, we have our statistic and we want to send these urls to
squid with the most probabillity. But again, we don't find the funktion,

where we can get the url to squid.
Squid can generate Http Request, isn't it? So we use these Funktion to
send our url to Squid at prot 3128.

In Addition, we want to cache each hyperlink from the body of a
htmlsite. But we always find the header from the htmlsite. We don't
know, but squid must cached the body too. How doeas it knows, to build
the page at the clientside??? So if squid cached it, we can analys the
sourcecode searching for HREF="..." and send the link-address as
requsest to squid.

We hope you can help us and in addiotion you understand what we mean!

Thank you!
Thanks a lot!

Bye

Thorsten, Stephan and Christian

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a women get naked in Amsterdam?"