Re: potential patches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:00:16 +0200

Brian Degenhardt wrote:

> 1) Patch to do stack backtraces upon crash in linux using pstack:
> http://www.whatsis.com/pstack/

A similar thing but using the built-in stacktrace primitives of glibc is
already in Squid.

> 2) Patch for a host to remove itself from it's cache peer list.

Good thing.

> 3) Patch for a squid to error out if it is using append_domain in conjuction
> with a situation where getMyHostname() returning a non fqdn (we
> discussed this on the squid-dev mailing list a ways back).

If should error out if it cannot find a FQDN name for itself. This is
regardless of append_domain or not, but if using append_domain it is a
must.

> Also, if I have time I'd really be interested in offering the include
> directive for squid.conf files. I'm just a beginner squid hacker so I'm
> sure somebody else could do it faster than I, but if you think that that
> feature may go unclaimed for a while, I'd be happy to pick it up.

AFAIK it is assigned a quite low priority. You are more than welcome to
take a stab at it.

> If this is a query best made to all the squid hackers feel free to forward
> this to squid-dev. Thanks for the help.

These discussions should always be seen but the other squid hackers.
That is why we have squid-dev.

/Henrik