Re: Reasons to Squid development

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:42:30 +0200

Joe Cooper wrote:

> Obviously there are lots of reasons for folks to continue to work on
> Open Source projects...otherwise, where would all the great software
> come from?

Sure there are quite many reaons. Personally I have made use of at least
five.. (thought it was less, but the list grew a bit I write it down...)

a) Need for a interesting hobby project when the real work was not
demaning enought
b) Earning money on it from people needing it to perform better
c) Earning monty on the things around it
d) That it is open source
e) The fame and glory

Unfortunately my focus for the moment is mostly "c" and not leaving much
space for the other, but the focus will move back to b as soon as some
other things are completed...

/Henrik