Re: Squid-2.4

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 09:32:46 +1100

Hi :-]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 8:05 AM
Subject: Squid-2.4

> Hi.
>
> I think it is about time we settle on Squid-2.4 and get it released, but
> first I'd like a little wote to see if any of the pending changes should
> go in first:
>
> 1) aufs fixes to make it run
> 2) NTLM authentication
<snip>
> anything else I have missed?

Dynamic helper startup and shutdown? - I suggest 2.5 :-].

> My wote is:
>
> Inclusion in 2.4: 1, 6. 1 because the current code simply does not work,
> and 6 because it's changes are quite limited to CYGWIN.
>
> The rest deferred until the next cycle which will start as soon as
> possible.
>
> From a political view it would be nice to have 2 also, but it contains
> some farily important changes in request processing and I am still a bit
> uncertain about of testing this code has received. (the part I am
> worried about is my part which is required by the NTLM changes, not
> actually the NTLM changes itself..)

I am tracking some minor issues with the squid-side NTLM stuff at the
moment. Definately not prime time material as yet. However once NTLM is
stable I'm happy to generate diffs against 2.4 stable for the adventurous
users out there :-].

Rob