Re: what is squidng

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:35:49 +0800

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000, Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:
> > Thanks for that. </curiosity>
> > Well I for one won't be offended by linux centric
> > discussions: I hack on
> > squid on win32 & linux...
> >
> > If there is going to be a lot of linux-only development
> > discussions (and
> > some significant % of the squid-dev members object to that)
> > then perhaps a
> > squid-dev-linux list? Or open up squidng?
> >
> > However I am sure that kinkie who was recently tuning up
> > performance on a
> > big cache would appreciate knowing the reiserfs raw modes - and where
> > there's one....
>
> I sure would. However, I have other priorities too, such as NTLM
> auth, so I won't be able to use those features until both them and
> NTLM are integrated.
> But I'll certainly appreciate that.

<PLUG>
When commloops is a little more mature, adding native windows network
IO will actually be feasable and decent-performing, which may make squid
under NT much more accepted.
</PLUG>

Seriously though, after commloops and modio #2 is done, things that support
native async io like windows NT/2000 will be easier to port squid to without
needing the cygwin stuff there (much), since you will just have to write a
comm_win32.c (and when I get to it in modio, disk_win32.c as well) .

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a woman get naked in Amsterdam?"