Re: [SQU] OpenSSL

From: Joe Sheehan <triswimjoe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:35:30 EDT

I'm trying create a little program that will use OpenSSL
and bring back a https page through squid. I can get it working if
I don't use OpenSSL but not with OpenSSL. I have netscape using the proxy
with no problem. I was assuming that I could try and connect to the same
port as Netscape does for https.

GET https://www.mysite.com/ HTTP/1.0\n\n Doesn't work with OpenSSL

but

GET http://www.yahoo.com/ HTTP/1.0\n\n Does work without OpenSSL

Could it just be the format of the GET statement?

I've even tried to just telnet to squid. I've tried both GET and CONNECT
with https with no luck

Thanks

Joe