Re: [SQU] OpenSSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 21:25:02 +0200

That is because the GET statement to the origin server should not
include http(s)://servername:port

So if you have a request for https://www.example.com/path/to/some/file
then the request to the server is GET /path/to/some/file

The CONNECT method for HTTP proxies establishes a tunnel to the
requested server:port. When the CONNECT method finished you are left
with a full duplex connection to the requested server, just as if you
had connected directly.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker