Re: Patch: splay-tree-based version of the proxy_auth ACL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:21:11 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> > so the NTLM is actually ready for merging then (assuming the code is
> > stable)?
>
> Depends entirely upon Duane and Henrik. I thought that the NTLM code
> required the reworked pump code, right ?

Right. So the NTLM branch cannot be considered a merge candidate unless
that code also is.

All I intended to say was that WHEN we decide that NTLM should be merged
then the code is ready to be merged without porting. I did not intend to
indicate that NTLM should be merged now.

Note that the first critera still applies: We must decide that NTLM is a
merge candidate. As I said earlier I think NTLM belongs in 2.5 not 2.4,
so before merging 2.4 needs to get out of the way, but once the 2.5
cycle starts it should get merged quite early.

Duane has already given go on killing pump for that matters... but the
code still requires a review to make sure cbdata and such things are
used where it applies.

/Henrik