Re: http/1.1 requirements

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:36:46 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> http://squid.sourceforge.net/squidhttp1.1.htm

6: Does now (HTTP/1.0)

7: Done, by simply downgrading the protocol number. No attempts in
downgrading the request is done.

8: Does now. HTTP/0.9 is upgraded to HTTP/1.0 if support for 0.9 is
enabled (and fixed).

9: Does now. All responses from Squid is using Squid's HTTP version.

11: Not compliant. Squid puts an upper limit on the URI length.

12: Not compliant. Redurns some other error code.

13: Compliant. Squid always uses it's host name in generated URLs.

14: Done when forwarding the request to a origin site. Not done when
forwarding to another proxy.

15: Conditionally compliant. Can be violated by the use of redirectors.

16: Optional. Done when using the append_domain directive.

17: Compliant, except for 18 and 19.

18: Compliant.

19: Compliant.

20: Not applicable to proxies I think. Not done. See note at the end of
section 5.1.2.

26: Not compliant. Charset is not specified in the HTTP headers even
when it should (i.e. error pages using national characters and such).

27, 28, 29: Not done. see 26.

30: Don't think this applies to proxies.. Squid does not render
documents.

32: Not applicable to software. It is a administrative requirement.

33: see 32.

34: not in the HEAD version. Compliant in the "te" branch I think.

35: see 34.

36: see 30.

37: see 34, maybe.

38: see 34, maybe.

39: see 34. Probably not done, but maybe in chunked<->chunked transfer
where such headers are sent by the origin server.

40: see 39.

41: see 34.

42: see 34. unknown.

43: compliant for headers generated by Squid.

44: not done

45: compliant for locally generated content.
    does not apply to transparent proxies for proxied content.

46: see 45.

47: not compliant. See 26.

48: compliant. Squid does not generate any multipart entities, or are
allowed to touch this for proxied entities.

49, 50, 51: see 48.

52: unsure.

[now I am getting tired ;-)]

Hmm.. I think we should attempt to throw these criterias into a SQL
database on sourceforge to allow on-line updates, sorting and such fancy
things.. they do provide PHP + MySQL which should be a quite good fit
for this job..

/Henrik