Re: CVS diffs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:35:47 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Ok. Uhm, squid-cvs is mirrored in 'devel' on squid.sourceforge.net.
> I'm guessing that you can just diff between the devel and ntlm branch
> to get the diffset, and add any files in that need adding in the ntlm
> branch.

The correct method (due to the branch tracking) is to diff based on the
merge tags.

From your ntlm working directory run:
  cvs -z3 rdiff -r Z-ntlm_merge_HEAD -rntlm -kk squid

Or use the diff link provided on the sourceforge site.

If I am not at home running the cvsmerge script for you when there is
changes in the main Squid CVS then you might have to do this first to
get a clean patch that can be applied to the HEAD version of Squid.

From your working directory, run:
  cvsmerge HEAD

The cvsmerge script is downloadable from
http://squid.sourceforge.net/CVS.html

The HEAD squid version is automatically mirrored in HEAD on SourceForge
on a daily basis when my computer polls my mail accounts.

The branch tracking (cvsmerge) is not done automatically as it might
require manual intervention when there is merge conflicts between HEAD
and the modified branch.

/Henrik