Re: What's the purpose of this chech!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:44:42 +0100

aufs in Squid-2.3/2.4.DEVEL is quite buggy and behaving strangely.

I am currently trying to do a major cleanup of aufs before 2.4 gets
released. See http://squid.sourceforge.net/projects.html#asyncio

Yes. As you note the MAGIC1 in the distributed sources does not make
much sense. A more sensible MAGIC1 is
#define MAGIC1 (NUMTHREADS*Config.cacheSwap.n_configured/2)

IIRC similar problems apply to MAGIC2.

MAGIC1/MAGIC2 is only one of the problems. There are several other
problems. Some old, some introduced in Squid-2.3 when the code got
separated from the rest of the code.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker