Re: SquidNG vs squid.sourceforge

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:51:40 +0100

Yury Shevchuk wrote:

> In fact, I don't understand what other developers need at this point.
> I can merge the squidng reiserfs_raw brinch to squidng HEAD. Or I can
> move it to reiserfs_raw branch of squid.sourceforge.net. Please
> advice what is better?

My preference is to have the squidng branches moved to
squid.sourceforge.net in some time, but due to lack of time I cannot
help with this until mid december. So my proposal for now is to

a) (optional) Move the CVS repository from the shell server to the real
CVS server on SourceForge. The SourceForge staff can help with this.

b) Then continue as you have done until mid december.

The main work in the move to the squid.sourceforge repository will
involve re-splitting squidng into it's various sub-parts to prepare them
for being merged back into Squid when the time is suitable.

Hopefully Squid has gone into the next development cylcle by when it is
time to mive, which will make squidng developments quite a bit easier,
but I will also enhance some of my scripts for long term derivate
projects..

/Henrik