RE: request

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:41:18 +1100

Sure I'm happy to do those merges. However as the authentication code
base is quite different knowing what people set out to do would be
useful.

> and if you also subscribe to the squid-cvs SourceForge
> mailinglist then
> you will get email notifications telling you where and when there has
> been changes that needs to get merged.

Can you get notifications for just some branchs? I average > 200
messages a day at the moment, and filters only help so much. If I don't
read (say) the cvs-updates then I may as well read the archives - which
I have been doing.

> Hint: Use cvs diff with the versions mentioned in merge.log when
> resolving merge conflicts and the CVS conflict indications
> does not make
> sense.

Thanks, yes that is useful.

> Notice to all squid.SourceForge branch owners:
>
> I will not be able to run cvsmerge for you until mid december, so you
> better learn to use this script. All you need to know is to run
> "cvsmerge HEAD" from your working directory of your branch.
> If there is
> any merge conflicts which needs manual attention then the script will
> tell you and give you a shell and some instructions to allow you to
> resolve the conflict. When you have fixed the conflicts, exit
> the shell
> and the script will continue to commit the update and update
> the branch
> tracking tags..
>
> /Henrik

I hear and obey :-] I'll start merging the branch(s) owned by me (see
the sourceforge project pages) at least once a week.

Rob