Re: Someone stomping on our memory

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:27:50 +0200

On 13 Nov 2000, at 15:04, Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Neat. I've commited your patch to both squid-HEAD and squid-2.4.
> > I'll see if I can find any other bugs by heavy polygraph
> > stressing.
>
> Please note that Polygraph cannot find bugs on FTP path as the tool
> does not speak FTP. The letter implies that Henrik was seeing a
> different bug, I guess.

 Very likely. I wasn't able to create a crash with polygraph alone.
 This bug occured very rarely, and with real users accessing it. Still,
 as it had to do with freeing wrong memory, this could appear much later
 when some not very busy mempool was trashed and then used.

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 Delfi Online
 Tel: 6501 731, Fax: 6501 708
 Pärnu mnt. 158, Tallinn,