FW: squid-2.4.DEVEL4 & 'sendfile()' and/or setsockopt(fd, SOL_TCP , TCP_CORK,

From: Heusden, Folkert van <f.v.heusden@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:03:49 +0100

Hi,

From the source-code of squid 2.4 devel 4 I saw (grep sendfile src/*) that
squid is not using the 'sendfile()' command. Is there any reason for that?
From what I read in the manpage (under Linux), this command can improve
performance dramatically (especially when using with the setsockopt(fd,
SOL_TCP, TCP_CORK, NULL, 0); command).
If it's a matter of time or anything, maybe you can tell me what function
does the actual disk-to-socket transfer so that I can implement things
myself?

From what I read in the man-page, I could conclude that it's not used
because it's not 100% portable. If that is so, where do we have the
./configure -script for?

Also; the TCP_CORK setsockoption could also be used apart from the
sendfile-thing.

Greetings,
Folkert van Heusden (www.vanheusden.com, folkert@vanheusden.com)