Re: a small contribution

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:02:26 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Hrm. What shall we do with this? Robert, since you're doing a lot of auth
> stuff, do you want to hold onto this until we've merged your auth code
> into squid-HEAD and then bring it in too?

Not that I am Robert, but:

If the module is a clean stand-alone module which does not require
modifications to the base Squid then my vote is to bring it in
immediately in the next STABLE release.

If it requires changes (not likely) then wait for Roberts authentication
changes.

Simple logic ;-)

/Henrik

attached mail follows:

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 13:43:15 +0100
> From: Sergio Rabellino <rabellino@di.unito.it>
> To: hno@users.sourceforge.net
> Subject: a small contribution
>
> Dear sir,
> i've developed an authenticator module for Yellow Pages (yes, we use
> yp), because we have many users on unix machines, so it's the fastest
> way to solve the auth problem.
>
> In attachment you can find the YP module ( that stay under the
> auth_modules, and is the NCSA code rearranged to support YP).

Hrm. What shall we do with this? Robert, since you're doing a lot of auth
stuff, do you want to hold onto this until we've merged your auth code
into squid-HEAD and then bring it in too?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"