Re: Squid FS API, round 2

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:47:08 +0800

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > > Henrik Wrote:
> > > From your talk it seems you envision having the object store the central
> > > point connecting everything, while I have it a little on the side of
> > > things..
> >
> > Nope, we share the same view. The object store is meant to simply be
> > one of the reply types..
>
> Good.

Ok. I'm slowly ripping things up in the modio branch. I'm aiming
to collapse the memobject, storeclient and storeentry into one
single struct which describes a single client/server pair.
The 'server' is described by a bunch of functions and a datapointer
for state, and the client accesses the server though this.

The StoreEntry now becomes transient during the course of a connection
(can you say "StoreTree" ?) and a large chunk of the code in store_client
becomes unused because we're only supporting one store client per
StoreEntry. This is ok because if a FS wants to support multiple clients
on a single backing object, it can just hand out multiple StoreEntry's
and handle multiplexing the dataflow itself..

Does this sound sane ?

Henrik, do you mind checking it out and seeing if my design
is heading in the right direction?

--
Adrian Chadd			"Here's five for the cake, and
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  five to buy a clue."