Re: Sponsors

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:29:52 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Hopefully more of the Squid development will find sponsors, and when
> this happens we will be faced with how to give credits to the sponsors.
>
> Proposal:
>
> Create a file called SPONSORS and in it, list who has sponsored what.
>
> Per entry:
>
> * Sponsor name
> * Sponsored feature
> * Developer(s)
> * Duration

In my limited experience, a simple list with sponsor names will work
better. In many cases, it would be difficult to succinctly describe
the "feature" or specify the "developer" or "duration", and there is
actually little point in doing so. Simply listing the names will also
take care of the equipment donation problem that Adrian Chadd talked
about.

Just the names would not work if you want to introduce different
levels of sponsorship (gold/platinum/etc), but I hope you do not want
to go that far :).

Alex.