Re: transfer-encoding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 20:57:02 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Once it's stable sure. If NTLM goes into head I have 0 objections to
> merging it into auth_rewrite and leaving the separate ntlm branch for
> experimentation (cf example domain membership based challenge
> generation).

They will go in together, unless you have changes in the general
framework in ntlm which you still consider higly experimental.

> The same logic applies. Yes I am happy to merge both the ntlm and
> auth_digest branches up a level, leaving the old tags for experimental
> work. My reference before about the ntlm tag was that IMO it is still
> experimental.

The question I need to have answered is the one above. Does the ntlm tag
contain other changes which are experimental, or is it only in the NTLM
specific parts?

I.e. If the ntlm patch is committed, will there be any of what you
consider experimental code even if you select not to build ntlm support
in Squid?

> For sure. I do find having to run a separate source tree to get
> ntlm+digest a little annoying :]

Which is what I'd like to get rid of (;

/Henrik