Re: auth_rewrite default build

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 23:32:31 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Henrik,
> I noticed you've changed the default scheme's built to
> be basic only. Can I ask why? building the ntlm scheme will
> not affect performance or compatability. The code in it will
> be unused except to parse the config file & report that it is
> inactive (until the user defines a helper).

Because:

a) It is a new feature which is not yet fully tested
b) The developer (i.e. you) said it is still regarded as experimental
c) not to bloat Squid for the people who do not care about ntlm
d) Enabling it is a quite simple matter, and the user needs to have
access to the sources anyway to build the needed helper.

/HEnrik