Re: [SQU] Credentials forwarding?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 15:50:02 +0100

Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:

> Now for the hard part, who will code this? :-)

Done, tested and committed.

Should work for authenticated "ntlm" users as well.

Regarding the auth cache issue: I do still regard that as a minor issue
which the benefits from using a well known HTTP mechanism far
outweights. And I think it can easily be fixed by adding a structure to
the usernames. For example user@something, and then only use the
"something" part for the cache and helper.

And regarding the replay issue: This is a issue with the login= option
in general, and can be addressed by using some better scheme (for
example digest). Please note that proxy-authentication is by definition
hop-by-hop.

/Henrik