Re: Altering recieved data

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:04:34 +0800

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:
> Adrian
> You've got your hands in the guts of http request path at the moment don't you? I'm lost (well I can draw a map but it'll take
> some time :-])

HAH! Don't mistake that small patch for me having my guts in the http
request path.
:)

> Where's the best place for me to insert my hooks to modify the data recieved from the upstream server (to remove transfer encoding).
>
> Background:
> The current code un-TE's in clientSendMoreData, which AFAICT means we are caching transfer-encoded bodies.
>
> What I think I need to do is
> Before the clients are called to process the data, unt-e it. Return an error at this point iff we don't understand the t-e type they
> used.

I have plans to look at the HTTP code sometime after I've gotten modio
into useful shape and I've merged it with commloops. However, I really
am too busy and unable to immerse myself in that just yet.

Feel free to dig into the http request path. Take all the time you want.
Then, when you've got that diagram, *please* throw it at us! :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Sex Change: a simple job of outside
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  to inside plumbing."