IMS replies

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:32:52 +0100

I think there is many bugs/misfeatures in how we handle IMS replies to
refreshes.

a) The new headers are never reflected back to the client. This is
especially a problem due to the Date header. Not updating the Date
header will upset age calculation in downstream caches badly, but there
might be other headers which should be updated as well.

b) New headers are stored in the memory object, but it seems there is no
pruning of old headers, or at least the array where the headers are
stored keeps on growing for each received reply, and the array item
counts gets very large.

c) The new headers are never stored on disk.

Ideas are welcome on how to handle the object headers on refreshes, but
until we have found a way I think the in-memory header update should be
disabled to at least not waste memory on not doing it correctly......

/Henrik