Re: another pre-release ?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:51:36 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> I haven't got the time to abuse the code yet... but so far there has
> only been minor changes (several of them repeated at many places).
>
> Has the issues with diskd on Solaris been solved?

I know of two little problems.

One user is reporting that diskd processes exit prematurely on
Solaris. Apparently when the diskd process reads on the kernel
pipe thats connected to the Squid process, read() returns 0 and
errno is not set. This is strange because 1) I expect read to
return -1 and errno to be either EWOULDBLOCK or EAGAIN, and 2)
nobody else reports this problem. According to the user this is
"on an 4-way SMP system running Solaris 8 (fully patched)."

Second problem is that two users report mysterious coredumps
while swapping out the icon files. One on Linux, one on Solaris.
These are bugs 68 and 79 in bugzilla. The Solaris user only
sees this when Squid is compiled with the Sun Compiler (even
without optimization).