sfs project on sourceforge

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:28:37 +0800

In my neverending attempts to implement what has been discussed in the
past in order to learn from them, I've run off and begun integrating
the Stewart Forster and Kevin Littlejohn "sfs" filesystem into squid.

SFS is a userspace cache filesystem designed a couple of years ago.
The code has been largely sitting there ever since.

It can be found under the 'sfs' project on squid.sourceforge.net .
If you want some more information about it, jump into the CVS
tree and look around in the squid/src/fs/sfs/ directory in the
sfs branch.

Right now the code compiles and squid -z will format a file.
I'm going to work on getting it to talk to squid over the next
few days, and once this is done I'll be spending some time
more fully integrating it with squid (stuff like debug/mempools,
optimising the read/write path between squid and sfs..)

I believe the other person helping me on this project is Kevin.
Hi Kevin. :-)

I'll send a heads-up to the list once its ready for testing.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Sex Change: a simple job of outside
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  to inside plumbing."