Re: storeAppend

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 00:00:49 +1100

OK, data flow walk through:

data hits server, in n chunks of arbitrary size (<SOCK_SIZE)
http.c send the chunks to the store, in m chunks of arbitrary size, which may be greater than SOCK_SIZE (ungzipping for example)
the store then calls client_side.c for each chunk
on chunk m, client_side should set a flag FILTER_EOF (as discussed between moez and I recently) to indicate end of the body.

Now, the store doesn't know when chunk m is reached until after the fact (storeComplete gets called), so client_side *cannot* set
that flag.

What about checking content-length you say? Well transfer encoding for one, and potentially other filters, will invalidate that.

What about catching it in clientWriteComplete. Well yes I can do that and it does work, but it pushes everything through another
loop of code for little reason. So I'm look for ways of improving it.