Re: storeAppend

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:44:28 +0800

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> OK, data flow walk through:
>
> data hits server, in n chunks of arbitrary size (<SOCK_SIZE)
> http.c send the chunks to the store, in m chunks of arbitrary size, which may be greater than SOCK_SIZE (ungzipping for example)
> the store then calls client_side.c for each chunk
> on chunk m, client_side should set a flag FILTER_EOF (as discussed between moez and I recently) to indicate end of the body.

Ok, a chunk here is a part of an object, not a "te chunk".
Right.

> Now, the store doesn't know when chunk m is reached until after the fact (storeComplete gets called), so client_side *cannot* set
> that flag.

Why does client_side need to set that flag?

> What about checking content-length you say? Well transfer encoding for one, and potentially other filters, will invalidate that.

Yup, I've already seen the content-length as being a problem.

> What about catching it in clientWriteComplete. Well yes I can do that and it does work, but it pushes everything through another
> loop of code for little reason. So I'm look for ways of improving it.

I admit that I didn't pay much attention to the thread. I've since
reread the thread, and I'm still partially confused.

how do you then deal with errors where something calls storeAbort() ?
(for example)

I dunno. I think you might actually benefit from sitting this thing behind
modio and helping me use it as Yet Another Thing To Redesign The
Storage Interface Again(tm).

Adrian

--
in the name of experimentation, but at this point I'd say something
Adrian Chadd			"Romance novel?"