Re: some new branches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:31:21 +0100

Robert Collins wrote:

> Anyway, as I am really working on four things in parallel there,
> I'm creating a couple of new branchs on sourceforge (now they've
> fixed up todays CVS glitch [There were a number of faults reported]).

Fine.

I was on the edge to propose to you to make a shared branch of
rbcollins_filters. That branch is defenitely beyond being a private
branch.

I assume that you have documented the new branches and their scopes in
projects.html?

> The branches are:
>
> * acl_work, for extensions/bugfixes/alterations to acl capabilities
> in general (ie the new rep_mime_type acl & test in client_side
> has an issue with reponses with no body that I'm going to create a
> new patch for HEAD).

Fine.

> * generic_modules, for working on generic module support. In here
> I'm hoping things like generic parsing code, plugin capabilities,
> dlopenable modules, the framework really to plug modules without
> rewriting the same shell script and config routine 50x.

> * content_processing, which will have the framework that Joe and
> Moez are utilising for their current project. This framework is
> needed for transfer encoding as well -

I guess this is what formerly was rbcollins_filters?

> * te & te_modules already exist, but I will start merging down to
> them from the content_processing and generic_modules branch rather
> than coding into te directly.

Ok. You are the maintainer ofthose, so how the changes flows is your
problem ;-)

A little warning however: Merging changes from two sources into one
branch can be a bit troublesome as some (quite many) changes will be
received from both..

> external API,) by disjointing the client_side and server side
> requests a bit more cleanly. So I expect to pick that up again in the
> near future, and probably make it dependant on one or more of the
> above branches...

I think You, me and Adrian might need to coordinate our effors there.. a
lot of separation between client, server and store is currently under
design/concideration/implementation...

> Questions: am I overlapping on any other branch to the degree that
> I shouldn't create a new branch and instead should work in that
> branch?

Maybe the modio branch to some extents.

/Henrik