Re: some new branches

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:18:41 +1100

---- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: some new branches

> Robert Collins wrote:

<SNIP>>
> I assume that you have documented the new branches and their scopes in
> projects.html?

Not yet.. waiting for just this feedback first :]

<snip>

> > * te & te_modules already exist, but I will start merging down to
> > them from the content_processing and generic_modules branch rather
> > than coding into te directly.
>
> Ok. You are the maintainer ofthose, so how the changes flows is your
> problem ;-)
>
> A little warning however: Merging changes from two sources into one
> branch can be a bit troublesome as some (quite many) changes will be
> received from both..

Mmmm. Whats the best way to split out the changes being made for module support, the content processing filter chains & transfer
encoding then?
I actually mis described before - content processing will contain tht generic_modules code, so te will only be dependant on content
processing.

> > external API,) by disjointing the client_side and server side
> > requests a bit more cleanly. So I expect to pick that up again in the
> > near future, and probably make it dependant on one or more of the
> > above branches...
>
> I think You, me and Adrian might need to coordinate our effors there.. a
> lot of separation between client, server and store is currently under
> design/concideration/implementation...

That sounds good.

> > Questions: am I overlapping on any other branch to the degree that
> > I shouldn't create a new branch and instead should work in that
> > branch?
>
> Maybe the modio branch to some extents.

I had a quick chat with Adrian about this, but I'm a bit fuzzy on where we got to :]

Rob