Re: some new branches

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:24:47 +0800

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> > I think You, me and Adrian might need to coordinate our effors there.. a
> > lot of separation between client, server and store is currently under
> > design/concideration/implementation...
>
> That sounds good.
>
> > > Questions: am I overlapping on any other branch to the degree that
> > > I shouldn't create a new branch and instead should work in that
> > > branch?
> >
> > Maybe the modio branch to some extents.
>
> I had a quick chat with Adrian about this, but I'm a bit fuzzy on where we got to :]
>
> Rob

Uhm, perhaps. :-) The way I see it - i'd like it to be the store's
responsibility to parse say a chunked request or a range request
and spit out the correct reply back. This would mean that the
storeClientCopy() call becomes the "other side" of storeAppend().

This would mean that the existing range request handling code in
the client/server http modules would need ripping out and the
request was just passed straight through to storeLookup(), and
storeLookup() handles all the tricky stuff.

You then end up with a very simple request-reply flow, where
you have something in the middle (the storage manager, filters, etc)
which can change the request and do the tricky stuff.

I've just hit a bit of a pinch in my time management, so I don't
mind if either of you want to go ahead and continue tidying up
the http code in modio. It'll make my job easier down the track.
:-)

--
Adrian Chadd			"Romance novel?"
<adrian@creative.net.au>	 "Girl Porn."