Re: rep_mime_type bugfix

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:25:28 +1100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 6:43 AM
Subject: Re: rep_mime_type bugfix

> Exacly. Please note that I did not say anything about content-length. I
> said entity.

Ok.

> I guess what I am actually objecting to is the function name
> clientAlwaysAllowResponse. The purpose of this function is to determine
> if the reply has a entity or not.

Yes... clientReplyShouldHaveEntity ?

> (sidenote: HEAD replies have a entity but no entity body)

Even if response is a 304 (conditional HEAD) ?

> /Henrik

We are back to the question however: do we provide a status line acl and remove that function, or put in more logic to delay
checking until we know whether there is an entity body > 0 bytes in length ?

I'm in favour of an acl myself.

Rob