Re: another pre-release ?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:42:48 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Are we still using O_NDELAY?
>
> I have a memory of fixing this ages ago. O_NDELAY is not standardized,
> and behaves sligthly differently on different OS:es, where quite many
> return 0 in various non-EOF conditions..
>
> Ah.. SunOS & Solaris is excluded from the use of O_NONBLOCK. Do you
> remember why (this is inherited all the way from Harvest cached.. see
> comm.c revision 1.1, way before my time)

I certainly don't remember why.

There's two ways to fix this. 1) always use O_NONBLOCK from now on
and assume that any (Solaris) system where people install Squid works
the way O_NONBLOCK should work. So if someone tries to install newer Squid
on really old Solaris on even SunOS, it might not work.

2) make a special case for Solaris 8 and probably 7? I don't think
we can detect the solaris version from preprocessor defines, so it
probably requires a configure hack.