Re: eventio API

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:22:53 +0100

Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I kind of agree but its starting to get a little complicated now.
> The other issue with the eventio code is that we aren't working with
> a 1 client -- 1 server setup like the modio branch, we're working
> with many clients - 1 server setup which could interfere with things.

Not a big deal for eventio. Those problems belongs at the layer above...
and only deferred reads are a real issue (apart from code munging to fit
the new API), but even that is not unmanageable, only have to be moved
one step up..

> Perhaps we want to look at finishing the modio branch to a point
> where the eventio code will fit in better? Once I abstract the request/reply
> objects a little further the IO requirements for each will be a lot
> clearer imho.

Lets do it this way: You work on modio to finish it up, I work on
eventio, and we try to meet mid-way?

/Henrik