Re: handling ranges in squid-modio

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:37:03 +1100

What smarts in particular?

I think the only range smarts in the
* http client side code should be decoding range requests & creating
single and multi range responses.
* http server side code should be converting a generic range request to
an upstream http range request, and converting http range responses to
generic responses
* likewise for the ftp server side code.

I have a signficant chunk of this done in rbcollins_filters.

From what Henrik and I were bouncing around last week, we need to build
up the intermediary outside the store, and get the store to support the
generic concepts.

If you are preparing to modify the store code support range data and
headers as metadata then go for it. I'm getting ready to pick up the
gauntlet for putting an intermediary together for the content_processing
branch. (rbcollins_filters was turning into a hack job because I was
working around the design issue..

Rob