Re: gcc bug affects NTLMSSP authentication helper

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:21:28 +0800

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001, Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:
> > Ah. Right. Well, how about you try the latest gcc to see if
> > they've fixed it, and if they haven't, forward them the
> > information (code snippet triggering the bug, resulting
> > assembly code, gcc flags, etc) so they can try to fix it?
>
> Sorry, I forgot to add this info.
> The GCC shipped in RH7.0 (2.96) works fine.

Right. Well, the best thing here is to bail out of configure
and tell users about the problem with a nice long explanation.
If they want to compile without -O, add something on the command
line to do it.

I didn't like how squid-freebsd just 'disables' -O completely
with a single line explanation. On some machines that single
line goes by *WAY* too quick.

Which brings up an interesting point to me. Is there some
way to get configure to not display those "checking for.."
lines? That way, we could actually have configure display
the configuration options rather than being blown away by
the checks (which we enable by some command line option..)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"Romance novel?"
<adrian@creative.net.au>	 "Girl Porn."