sdirno/sfileno sizes

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 00:46:21 +0800

Hi,

I'd like to bring my COSS fixes into HEAD and SQUID_2_4. A large
chunk of the changes involve fixing COSS, but there are a few
changes to the actual squid source tree which fix some bugs.

Do people mind if I "bloat" the StoreEntry struct again? It won't
be as bad as I've made sdirno an int8_t and sdirno an int32_t
which bloats the struct by 1 byte over what it is now. AFter
working with the code a little more I'm rather annoyed at
chasing an apparent bug all day which turned out to be me
overflowing the 25-bit swap_filen in the SToreEntry, vs
the 32-bit swap_filen used everywhere else.. :)

I think the ultimate solution to the memory usage problem
lies elsewhere, both in abusing the "rough LRU" concept
and a block allocator.

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd		"The fact you can download a 100 megabyte file
<adrian@creative.net.au>  from half way around the world should be viewed