RE: authenticate_program bombs out

From: Mike Everest <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:37:52 +1000

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your response.

> > well i am used to M$ proxy mainly, and am just sick to
> death of the way they
> > handle their API, so you can imagine my glee when i
> realised how squid does
> > it - way cool! :)
>
> Well.. I guess you haven't seen the KISS principle in action
> before ;-)

certainly not at this level - conceptually, it's just perfect!

> Not that all parts of Squid adhere to KISS, but the Basic
> authentication
> helper API certainly does.

from my reading, the redirect_program (which is the next part of my equation
;-) works on a similar principle. that makes squid just the easiest thing
to work with.

but all good things have their down-ers: i want to log to a sql database
:( as far as i can tell, it will mean touching the source - bummer.

regards.