Re: authenticate_program bombs out

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:51:17 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "mike" <mike@gsat.net.au>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>; "Henrik
Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
Cc: <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: authenticate_program bombs out

> Hi Rob,
>
> > If that's the case, then I'll get up and say "look at the cygwin
port".
> > It probably does all you're looking for. I've also had some reports
> > about it being more cpu friendly than the native port - but I can't
> > confirm that.
>
> that seems like a fair suggestion considering the situation ;-)
>
> but i've been google-searching for cygwin ports of squid, and draw a
blank
> every time - any suggestions where i should look?
>
> cheers!
>
> Mike.

Go to http://www.cygwin.com, run setup.exe, and you can download a
binary (I suggest you just grab the full kit - but you might want to
skip some stuff such as gcc if you don't need to compile software). Or
download the full kit minus squid, grab the squid 2.4 Stable1 tarball
and roll your own. It builds OOTB.

Rob