Re: authenticate_program bombs out

From: mike <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:15:39 +1000

OK,

now i get it - i have been searching for the wrong thing <duh>

> Go to http://www.cygwin.com, run setup.exe, and you can download a
> binary (I suggest you just grab the full kit - but you might want to
> skip some stuff such as gcc if you don't need to compile software). Or
> download the full kit minus squid, grab the squid 2.4 Stable1 tarball
> and roll your own. It builds OOTB.

got it and now i'm going download crazy ;-)

i'm gonna go the whole hog and grab gcc too - i'm really tired of MS VC -
and i really want/need to drag myself into the *nix arena - i keep hitting
walls with windows.

besides, i like everything i see as i discover more about this open source
thing - makes me feel like i'm at uni again! and the jargon you guys use
cracks me up - i feel more comfortable dealing with systems developed by
folk who obviously have a sense of humour instead of super-right
bean-counting cappos ;-)

sorry, that'll be the end of my sliding off topic :-}

thanks once again, cheers.